LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

lathlee
|
Hi. Is this a sort of Linear with a strong consideration/element of mapping game?
 Alex Bodaken
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Iathlee,

It is certainly a linear game, but I would not consider it to be mapping. Let me explain: a mapping game necessarily involves some element of spatial design, and crucially, necessitates a different setup than the normal either horizontal or vertical stack we would use in a linear game. A recent example of a mapping game would be the computer virus game from October 2016 (PT 79), which asked test-takers to map out a computer virus' path through different computers in a network. You have to represent this game in a different way, pictorially, than a linear game, which makes it mapping. If you want to know more about mapping games, there are excellent videos under Lesson 6 in the Online Student Center if you are a PowerScore full-length student.

However, the game listed above would be qualified as an "advanced linear" game where being able to identify the possible templates (as noted by Dave and others above) is the key to solving the game. But because there are no spacial elements in the game, and we can use a standard horizontal setup to solve it, it would not be accurate to list it as a mapping game. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions!
 lathlee
|
Makes sense when you mention necessitates different set up spatial relations. Thx :)

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.