LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

ehlers.christopher
|
Sorry, I meant to say maximum, not minimum.

How can we edit our own posts on here?
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Christopher!

If you haven't already, you may want to check out the explanation for the first question which is located on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=245&t=16579

The first question is confusingly worded. But it's not asking what the maximum number of sessions attended by one employee is. As you noted, we already know that they each attend exactly two sessions.

The question states: "What is the maximum number of sessions attended by at least one Capital employee?" That's not asking how many sessions one Capital employee can attend. It's asking about the maximum number of sessions that could be attended by any Capital employee. We know that there are nine total sessions (three sessions each day over three days). But not every session has to be attended by a Capital employee. In fact, we know for sure there will be some sessions that are not attended by any Capital employees because we only have three employees and each employee attends exactly two sessions. So the maximum number of sessions attended by at least one Capital employee is six (three Capital employees x two sessions). So at least three of the nine sessions will not be attended by a Capital employee. There could be more sessions that are not attended by any Capital employee because the employees can attend sessions together. But assuming the Capital employees do not attend any sessions together, the maximum number of sessions attended by at least one Capital employee is 3 Capital employees x 2 sessions = 6 sessions with a Capital employee.

The link above has a hypothetical to illustrate this.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Kelsey
 t.j.dub
|
Hello,

I managed to get the answers for this game correct, but it took me much longer than I would have liked because I had trouble coming up with inferences for it, which I think stems from my diagramming.

I used the days as my horizontal base, then along the vertical y axis put the sessions H, I, and R (descending order) and filled in the possible names from there. I put a not law for m and s next to the I row, and a not law for T under column 3. Could I have structured my diagram better to solve more quickly? or is this game just conducive to minimal inferences?

Thanks!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Sounds like your diagram was identical to our recommended one, t.j.dub! Check the post at the top of this thread to see that setup. Not a lot of inferences to add to that base, other than that nobody can attend Investing on Day 3. Inferences that you should internalize are that M and S each have to attend a session on Hiring and a session on Regulations, and T has to attend sessions on Day 1 and Day 2.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.