LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=15710)

The correct answer choice is (D)

Answer choice (A) is incorrect because T cannot be added fifth.

Answer choice (B) is incorrect because if M is added third then L must be added sixth.

Answer choice (C) is incorrect because either K or T must be added before M.

Answer choice (D) is the correct answer.

Answer choice (E) is incorrect because if Z is added first then L must be added before O.
 ashley96
|
Hi, I have a question concerning the above game. The stimulus states that "the mushrooms are added at some time before the tomato or the kale..." I took "or" to include the possibility of both. But the answer is D where "or" means one or the other (I was stuck between C and D). Could you please explain when "or" does and does not include the possibility of both?

Thank you so much!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Ashley,

Thanks for the questions!

With your first question, "or" typically could include both, but that rule explicitly states at the end, "but not both." So, that's what rules out that possibility. I've made some posts about the use of "or," and I'll look around for those and link them here if I think they would be useful for you.

With your second question, I put that into a separate thread at lsat/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10503. We like to split separate questions into different threads as it keeps things clearer for all readers :-D ).

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.