LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey RAB,

That's just coming from the third rule in the game, which is that "Neither the tomatoes nor the kale is added fifth." Simple as that! :-D

Hope this helps!
 RAB
|
Thank you Jeremy.

Almost there :)

The rule is mushrooms are added at some time before T or K but not before.

Hence even though it is an "or" statement you have a not rule for both T and K in position 5?

This is where I am stuck.

RB
 RAB
|
meant to say in my earlier post:

Thank you Jeremy.

Almost there :)

The rule is mushrooms are added at some time before T or K but not before both.

Hence even though it is an "or" statement you have a not rule for both T and K in position 5?

This is where I am stuck.

RB
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi RAB,

So, the not-laws for T and K under spot 5 don't have anything to do with the rule about the mushrooms. So you can disregard that mushrooms rule for purposes of thinking about those not-laws. Instead, there's a separate rule that is built directly into the scenario. It's the third (listed) rule in the game that says, "Neither the tomatoes nor the kale is added fifth." That means you can't add tomatoes fifth (hence, not-law for T under space 5) AND you also can't add kale fifth (hence, not-law for K under space 5). That rule by itself produces those not-laws and has nothing to do with the mushroom rule. Does that help? Hopefully so!
 RAB
|
Thank you Jeremy for helping me understand; yes it is now clear. I should have been flipping back to page 192.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.