LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

ashpine17
|
So I was one of those people who thought J and L were both candidates even if I knew they could not review S at the same time; how would this question needed to have been worded to include both J and L as answers? i could swear I have seen other logic games where C would have been the correct answer and it's worded quite similarly with this question but not quite the same but it's slipping my mind. Help.
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
That question would have to be rewritten more like this in order for answer C to be correct:

"Which of the following is a complete and accurate list of the students who could review only Sunset."

The difference here is "is" vs. "could be." The "could be" in the question means at the same time; which of these answers could be a complete and accurate list (in one single solution to the game)? Changing it to an "is" makes it broader, so it would then mean "all the possibilities from every possible solution to the game."

Many questions about complete and accurate lists will hinge on whether it could be the list (at the same time, in a single solution) or whether it is the list (encompassing every possible solution.)

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.