LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

saygracealways
|
Hi Powerscore!

I understand that almost all of the online explanations for this game have used Monday-Friday as the base for the main diagram and the nine batches of cookies as the game pieces.

While solving this game under timed conditions, I actually chose the three different cookie types as the base (O/P/S) and the days (Mon-Fri) as my game pieces, on three stacks (batches 1-3) per cookie. I chose this approach because at first I struggled with making my game setup, but saw from #13 (the complete/accurate list question) that the days were distributed to the cookies, which gave me the idea to set up my diagram this way. For each cookie type, batch 3 would be above batch 2, which would be above batch 1, which reminded me that as you go up a batch, you must have a subsequent day.

My diagram is as of below - could you please let me know if this approach is okay? I understand that for most games we should have Mon-Fri as our base because they have an inherent sense of order, but I also think stacking my batches on top of each other (and the fact that the above batch must be on a subsequent day) also implied the inherent sense of order.

Thank you and hope you're staying safe !!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 cmorris32
|
saygracealways wrote:Hi Powerscore!

I understand that almost all of the online explanations for this game have used Monday-Friday as the base for the main diagram and the nine batches of cookies as the game pieces.

While solving this game under timed conditions, I actually chose the three different cookie types as the base (O/P/S) and the days (Mon-Fri) as my game pieces, on three stacks (batches 1-3) per cookie. I chose this approach because at first I struggled with making my game setup, but saw from #13 (the complete/accurate list question) that the days were distributed to the cookies, which gave me the idea to set up my diagram this way. For each cookie type, batch 3 would be above batch 2, which would be above batch 1, which reminded me that as you go up a batch, you must have a subsequent day.

My diagram is as of below - could you please let me know if this approach is okay? I understand that for most games we should have Mon-Fri as our base because they have an inherent sense of order, but I also think stacking my batches on top of each other (and the fact that the above batch must be on a subsequent day) also implied the inherent sense of order.

Thank you and hope you're staying safe !!
Hi! I just saw your post, because I posted a very similar setup just 2 posts above!! Adam responded and said that it's best to do what works best for you. I also found this game much easier to complete using the cookies as the base.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.