LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=1624)

The correct answer choice is (C)

This question asks you to identify two trucks that must serve the same building (although they could serve other buildings as well). There are several pairs that should immediately jump to mind—including F and H, and I and T—but none of the obvious pairs is listed as a possible answer. Consequently, you should consider each answer choice on its own merits.

Answer choice (A): Although H and P could serve the same building, they do not have to serve the same building. For example, H could serve just building Y, and P could serve just building Z. Thus, this answer choice is incorrect.

Answer choice (B): Although T must serve both buildings X and Z, it is possible that H serves only building Y. Thus, H and T do not have to serve the same building and this answer choice is incorrect.

Answer choice (C): This is the correct answer choice. I must serve both buildings X and Z. From our discussion of the F/P dual-option, we know that P must serve either building X or Z, and thus there must be one building that both I and P serve together.

Answer choice (D): This answer choice is incorrect because it is possible for I to serve just buildings X and Z, and for S to serve just building Y. Thus, I and S do not have to serve the same building.

Answer choice (E): Although T must serve both buildings X and Z, it is possible that S serves only building Y. Thus, S and T do not have to serve the same building and this answer choice is incorrect.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.