LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=11277)

The correct answer choice is (B)

Answer choice (A): This answer choice is incorrect because it leads to a violation of the RF not-block: regardless of how you place the two R sides, one will always be on a tape numbered one lower than a tape with F on it.

Answer choice (B): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (C): This is a tricky answer. From our diagram, we know that Tape 1 must have J and then the dual-option of J or F. If the placement of music in this answer choice is implemented, however, then there will be no available genre to fulfill the dual-option (The remaining J is assigned to Tape 4, and both F’s are assigned to Tape 3).

Answer choice (D): This is also a tricky answer, and one that trades on the same principle as answer choice (C). From our diagram, we know that Tape 1 must have J and then the dual-option of J or F. If the placement of music in this answer choice is implemented, however, then there will be no available genre to fulfill the dual-option (The remaining J is assigned to Tape 3, and both F’s are assigned to Tape 4).

Answer choice (E): This answer choice is incorrect because it violates the third rule.
 nikkyc97
|
I'm confused as to why we need the F/J Dual Option and why answer choice C does not work.
 nikkyc97
|
nikkyc97 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:09 am I'm confused as to why we need the F/J Dual Option and why answer choice C does not work.
Never mind, I read the post wrong.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.