LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Ask questions about our company, courses, books, and tutoring.
 ToadKing
|
Hi! I've been using PowerScore Analytics for a month and have really enjoyed it. But, I was wondering if there could be a couple of changes made specifically to Drill Sets.

Would it be possible to:

1 — Add a pause button for drills. Currently, if I need to step away from my laptop for a moment, I either let my laptop sit idle (which causes the stopwatch to run) or I have to exit my browser. It would be nice if I could just press a pause button.

2 — Provide a frame a reference for how many questions I have completed while I am drilling. Since there are many questions in one drill set, I usually set a goal of completing X in one sitting, but it is really hard to keep track of how many questions I have done when the numbers at the bottom are referring to the actual question number for the relevant PT. Having a counter in the corner (e.g. 44/87) or bracketing the bottom question panel into sets of 5 with a line would be nice.

3 — Blend together different drill sets. It would be nice to have a feature where we could mix together particular question types into one set (for example: strengthen, weaken, justify). I like the current drill sets, but I sometimes find myself not reading the question stem carefully because I know that I am working on X drill set. Also, I want to make sure that my brain retains some degree of flexibility because I know that my actual exam won't be 5 weaken questions in a row.

Sorry if I am asking for too much!
 Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
ToadKing wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:01 am Hi! I've been using PowerScore Analytics for a month and have really enjoyed it. But, I was wondering if there could be a couple of changes made specifically to Drill Sets.

Would it be possible to:

1 — Add a pause button for drills. Currently, if I need to step away from my laptop for a moment, I either let my laptop sit idle (which causes the stopwatch to run) or I have to exit my browser. It would be nice if I could just press a pause button.

2 — Provide a frame a reference for how many questions I have completed while I am drilling. Since there are many questions in one drill set, I usually set a goal of completing X in one sitting, but it is really hard to keep track of how many questions I have done when the numbers at the bottom are referring to the actual question number for the relevant PT. Having a counter in the corner (e.g. 44/87) or bracketing the bottom question panel into sets of 5 with a line would be nice.

3 — Blend together different drill sets. It would be nice to have a feature where we could mix together particular question types into one set (for example: strengthen, weaken, justify). I like the current drill sets, but I sometimes find myself not reading the question stem carefully because I know that I am working on X drill set. Also, I want to make sure that my brain retains some degree of flexibility because I know that my actual exam won't be 5 weaken questions in a row.

Sorry if I am asking for too much!
Hi ToadKing,

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the Testing and Analytics Package! Your input is valuable, and we appreciate the feedback. I have passed along your suggestions to our developers and IT department for consideration :).

As for your first suggestion: We do have a pause feature included for the full practice tests and individual sections. We are currently working on adding it to the drill sets as well, and should have it enabled there within the upcoming weeks.

Thank you again and have a great weekend!

Julie Lipscomb
Director of Tutoring and Admissions
PowerScore Test Preparation
1-800-545-1750
 KrippaTrippa
|
Hello!

I was wondering if a pause feature for the drill sets have been added? I am currently not able to pause my progress through the drill sets and unfortunately, my answers are not saved if I leave the page.
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
KrippaTrippa wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:37 am Hello!

I was wondering if a pause feature for the drill sets have been added? I am currently not able to pause my progress through the drill sets and unfortunately, my answers are not saved if I leave the page.
Hi Kippa,

Thanks for the post! If you leave the page, your answers should be saved. You should be able to find the drill sets you have started under Analytics/History-Resume Incomplete. If you need further assistance finding that section, please email us at contact@powerscore.com, and we would be happy to assist! :) Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.