LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Ask questions about our company, courses, books, and tutoring.
 menkenj
|
Hi there,

I am looking at the analytics in powerscore and trying to figure out the priorities bubbles. How are the priorities weighted? It seems fairly obvious that it factors in performance by question type but how do I interpret the priority ratios? Also, it seems a bit difficult to understand all the bubbles since some of them you have to hover to see.

My guess is that the relative size indicates a higher/lower priority, is that correct?

I think the bubbles look cool but don't really give me much in terms of practical advice. Is the table below meant to be more pointed guidance?

Thanks!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
menkenj wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:55 pm Hi there,

I am looking at the analytics in powerscore and trying to figure out the priorities bubbles. How are the priorities weighted? It seems fairly obvious that it factors in performance by question type but how do I interpret the priority ratios? Also, it seems a bit difficult to understand all the bubbles since some of them you have to hover to see.

My guess is that the relative size indicates a higher/lower priority, is that correct?

I think the bubbles look cool but don't really give me much in terms of practical advice. Is the table below meant to be more pointed guidance?

Thanks!
Hi menkenj!

Thanks for the post! The bubbles provide a visual representation of your performance using the data from the table below it. For example, if you got 1 out of 10 questions correct, your performance on those questions would be 10% correct, which would be reflected in the table. We then take that percentage and flip it for the priorities bubbles -- so the priority would be 90%. Larger bubbles are a larger priority.

I hope this helps! Thanks!
 sdb606
|
Are the priorities weighted by question frequency? For example, if I am getting 10% of Flaw questions correct, that seems like it should be a much higher priority than if I were getting 10% of Resolve the Discrepancy questions correct.

If the question types are weighted equally, is there a way we can weigh the questions ourselves by frequency?
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
sdb606 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:20 pm Are the priorities weighted by question frequency? For example, if I am getting 10% of Flaw questions correct, that seems like it should be a much higher priority than if I were getting 10% of Resolve the Discrepancy questions correct.

If the question types are weighted equally, is there a way we can weigh the questions ourselves by frequency?
Hi sbd,

Thanks for the post, and great question! :) The question types are weighted equally, not by frequency.

I've suggested this idea to our IT team, and they will take a look at it. However, I don't believe it will be something that we can add in short order. Good suggestion though, and we'll see what we can do :-D

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.