LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Ask questions about our company, courses, books, and tutoring.
 menkenj
|
Hi there,

What does the "global average" mean in the powerscore test score analytics?
I'm confused because my three PT scores were 160/164/170 so my actual average is shy of 165 and rounded down to 164 in the product, cool. But why is the global average calculated as 158? Is it because the tests are reweighed in some way?

TIA.

Julie
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Julie,

Thanks for the message! These are great to receive because the platform is massive, and the coding behind it is equally complex so we appreciate you noting things like this so we can fix them :) So, let's look at the two issues you noted here, which I sent to IT last night and they have been looking at this AM :

• “I'm confused because my three PT scores were 160/164/170 so my actual average is shy of 165 and rounded down to 164 in the product” – This was a rounding function that was set to always round down; it's been reset to round up at .5 or higher.
  • “But why is the global average calculated as 158?” – This is the global average score of all tests in our system by students. So it's not calculated related to your average, but how all people have done on that exam. The next upgrade to the system will likely remove that data point going forward, fyi.
I hope that helps, and thanks again!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.