LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Ask questions about our company, courses, books, and tutoring.
 acruz1
|
Untimed I score consistently a 155. Timed the latest I have scored is a 142. I have 49 days until the March LSAT. I work full time. I can study on average 3-4 hours a day during the week days and 4-8 hours on weekends. I have a couple of questions:

1) How often should I complete timed sections?
2) How should my study time be broken up?
3) Is the study schedule below effective?

I was thinking my study schedule would be
Monday-Friday: 1 hour of timing sections , 1 hour of review, 1-2 hour(s) of mastery on weaknesses
Saturday: a full length exam
Sunday: Review
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi acruz1,

Great questions, thanks!

You've set a pretty rigorous schedule for yourself, although the fact that there's an end in sight (the March exam) could make it achievable. First, let me encourage you to intentionally schedule at least one day off from LSAT studying per week. That may sound counter intuitive, but this test is (as you know) extremely demanding mentally. There's a very real chance of burnout if you don't give yourself any down time. You need one day during the week when you can step away from the books and recharge your batteries.

As for the skeleton of your schedule on the other days, I think it sounds great. During the week, make sure you're prioritizing the sections you have the most trouble with. In other words, if the logic games section is consistently your worst, plan to take additional logic games sections. If your performance is fairly even across sections, then schedule your timed sections in accordance with how they're balanced on the exam: 2 logical reasoning sections for each single logic games/reading comprehension section.

For your weekend practice exams, and assuming you're taking the test in North America (where it will be administered digitally), be sure you're practicing the exam in its digital format (preferably on a tablet, or on a computer if you don't have a tablet handy). If you're wondering where you can access digital exams, we've got them all available (as full tests, or even as individual practice sections) here: https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/publica ... tal-tests/. Focus especially on the more recent tests. I would recommend completing at least one or two tests from each of the years between 2015 and 2019.

For your weekly practice hours where you're working on mastering weaknesses, if you haven't picked up the Logic Games, Logical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension Bibles, and accompanying Workbooks and Question/Game Type Trainers, you may want to do that. They're a comprehensive resource that will allow you to review and drill down on any possible problem areas. You can find them here: https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/publications/.

If you have further questions about your practice schedule, don't hesitate to ask. We're here for you--keep up the hard work!

Jeremy

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.