LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Ask questions about our company, courses, books, and tutoring.
 NFels
|
Hello, I am a PowerScore student with disabilities. Although I do not have my accommodations approved yet, I have had extended time and an alternative to Scrantons for the SAT and ACT. During our "in house" test dates for the full length course, I have done poorly due to our "testing conditions" and lack of accommodations. This is extremely discouraging to me because I have scored 10 points higher on self-accommodated tests that are untimed. I know that these testing days are not mandatory to go to, but I would like to get the feel of what it is like to be in that environment, when I am accommodated. Is it possible to have the time restriction lifted during these days?

Also, I was wondering if PowerScore can help with the LSAT accommodation process. I have almost everything ready to send in but I would like to have someone with experience look what I have over.

Thank you for reading this.
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi NFels,

Thanks for your message. First of all, you should be encouraged by the fact that you’ve done better with extra time! That says that while timing might be an issue, you’ve developed a good conceptual basis. Pacing is a major factor for many students, and most find that with time and practice their timing tends to improve.

Second, we’re happy to try to help you out with this situation. The best approach is for you to call our office and speak with Adam Brinker. He handles all requests related to classroom accommodations :)

Last, of course we can review your accommodations application for you. Assuming you’ve filled out all the forms (http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/accommodated-testing.asp), you can send those to Adam and he can forward them to one of our admissions counselors for review. I will tell you that LSAT accommodations can vary from student to student, so before the request has been processed by LSAC, there would be no way to predict exactly what type of accommodations might be approved for your specific test administration, or even if accommodations will be approved (there have been issues in that area before with LSAC). Unfortunately only LSAC is qualified to make determinations regarding certification and proper accommodations, so what they say is final.

I hope that helps. Thank you!
 NFels
|
Thank you Steve!

I have done some research on accommodations for the LSAT and know that it can be difficult in receiving them. I don't plan on taking the test until June for this reason and I know the sooner they receive my information, the better off I am.

Anyways, thank you so much! I will contact Adam soon.

Gratefully,

Nicole

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.