LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Ask questions about our company, courses, books, and tutoring.
 Falcon
|
Hello, everyone.

I have a few questions about homework and tests.

Are all of the homework questions in the Online Student Center taken directly from the official preptests published by LSAC?

Also, in the Practice Tests section, what is the difference between the 3 Section + Experimental, the 4-Section, and the 3-Section (besides the obvious difference in size)? Do some of the questions or sections differ? And what is the difference between the Digital LSAT and the LSAT Flex?

Thank you!
 Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Falcon,

Thank you for the post! I would be happy to answer your questions:

Are all of the homework questions in the Online Student Center taken directly from the official preptests published by LSAC?

Since we are an official Law Services licensee, we use only real questions from previously released LSATs in all lessons and homework. 😊

Also, in the Practice Tests section, what is the difference between the 3 Section + Experimental, the 4-Section, and the 3-Section (besides the obvious difference in size)? Do some of the questions or sections differ?

The only differences between the test types are that the 3-Sections + Experimental tests contain an experimental section that is random (it can be any of the 3 section types) and unscored. The experimental sections are sourced from other tests, usually earlier/older tests. Once you complete a test, the test the experimental is sourced from is indicated on your results page. The actual LSAT is currently administered in this 3-scored section plus experimental format.

Prior to Covid-19, LSAT exams were released in a 4-scored section format (1 LG, 2 LR, and 1 RC). Think of the 4 section tests as legacy tests, as they provide just the 4 scored sections of prior released tests. You can take them to get extra LR practice if you like, since the "extra" section on those will always be a 2nd LR section.

And what is the difference between the Digital LSAT and the LSAT Flex?

The LSAT-Flex was a special 3 section, at home administration that LSAC instated due to Covid-19. This test has been replaced by the 3-scored section plus experimental format, however the "at home" aspect remains in place. If you are short on time but still want to take a PT, a 3 section test without the experimental would be fine.

We call them all "Digital" tests because they are taken on a computer rather than with paper and pencil as they once were.

I hope this helps. :)

Thank you!

Julie Lipscomb
Director of Tutoring and Admissions
PowerScore Test Preparation
1-800-545-1750
 Falcon
|
I see. Thank you very much for the thorough and informative reply!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.