LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 eagertolearn01
|
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to preparing for the LSAT. I've just finished an initial run through the LG Bible (completed the drills and games in each chapter). I am basically familiar with the different game types (linear, grouping, etc.) and diagramming techniques, but other than this I have no experience with Logic Games.

I have not practiced yet using a timer, and I am quite sure I have a long way to go before I consistently solve all questions in a logic game in the target 8:45.

Where should I go from here? Should I work through the games in the back of the LG Bible, using a timer now? Are there other techniques I should try to hone? Should I only practice with a timer, or continue to work some games untimed? I'm hesitant to burn through PrepTests, since these seem such a precious resource, but I suppose they are there to be used and practiced with.

Any guidance is helpful!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
eagertolearn01 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:41 pm Hi all,

I'm fairly new to preparing for the LSAT. I've just finished an initial run through the LG Bible (completed the drills and games in each chapter). I am basically familiar with the different game types (linear, grouping, etc.) and diagramming techniques, but other than this I have no experience with Logic Games.

I have not practiced yet using a timer, and I am quite sure I have a long way to go before I consistently solve all questions in a logic game in the target 8:45.

Where should I go from here? Should I work through the games in the back of the LG Bible, using a timer now? Are there other techniques I should try to hone? Should I only practice with a timer, or continue to work some games untimed? I'm hesitant to burn through PrepTests, since these seem such a precious resource, but I suppose they are there to be used and practiced with.

Any guidance is helpful!
Hi eagertolearn01,

Thanks for the post, and great question! The next step should be to take tests (timed and untimed) to practice what you've learned! If you don't have it already, you will want to purchase LSAC Prep Plus, which gives you access to 90+ Practice Tests through LSAC directly.

But this is the minimum of what we'd recommend. I'd also strongly suggest you look into our Digital LSAT
Testing and Analytics Package
, which provides more than what LSAC Prep Plus does on its own (note: Prep Plus is required for the Testing and Analytics Package). With this package, you also get access to the tests, drill sets broken up by game/question/passage type, and analysis of your performance, such as question difficulty level, common questions missed, time spent on each question, etc.

Or, for additional practice, you can also look at the The 2023 LSAT Logic Games Bible Workbook, a companion of sorts to the LGB.

Lastly, if you feel you need more assistance with the methodology, you can also consider one of our comprehensive courses or private tutoring.

In short, there's no "one size fits all" approach for what to do next, but you absolutely do want to take practice tests and review those results: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-be ... ice-tests/. This is going to be key to integrating what you learned and getting a better sense of your strengths and weaknesses.

I hope this helps! Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.