LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 mariamsaleem
|
When paraphrasing, do you write out what you read on paper (i.e conclusion, premise) or keep mental track?
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
mariamsaleem,

I think it depends on the situation and depends on the person. I suggest to students that they underline or highlight the conclusion of any argument they see, right on the screen (the digital test allows highlighting or underlining text on screen). I will certainly diagram conditional reasoning or formal logic reasoning that I see on my scratch paper. If there is a cause and effect argument, I will often write down the cause and write down the effect to keep those straight. If the stimulus involves rather complicated language, but I've got a simplified and compact understanding of that, I may write that down. Otherwise, I keep mental track. Figure out what works best for you! I will say that I am going to 100% diagram conditionals and formal logic, and otherwise mostly keep mental track of other things, although always noting what the exactly conclusion is can also be helpful.

Robert Carroll

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.