LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 kelseyb
|
My PowerScore live course ends in July, so I signed up to take the August LSAT. I am trying to decide if I should also sign up for the September LSAT. I would get my August results too late to get a refund if I do not need to retake it, but I don't want to wait until October to submit applications if I don't do well in August. Please help!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
kelseyb wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:08 pm My PowerScore live course ends in July, so I signed up to take the August LSAT. I am trying to decide if I should also sign up for the September LSAT. I would get my August results too late to get a refund if I do not need to retake it, but I don't want to wait until October to submit applications if I don't do well in August. Please help!
Hi Kelsey,

Thanks for the post, and great question!

First, I wanted to mention that while the live portion of your course ends in July, you'll still have access to all the course resources until 9/10/23. :)

Second, barring any financial constraints regarding retaking the exam twice, I would recommend registering for the September LSAT in addition to August. Even if you reach your score goal in August, retaking in September may allow you to have a second, even higher score on file.

Lastly, October is not too late to apply! While it's, of course, great to apply early to schools, it's even more advantageous to apply with a stronger application and a higher LSAT score, even if it's slightly later.

I hope this information helps! Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.