LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 AmeliaConnelley
|
Hello!

One of the strategies that helps me the most during practice is thinking out loud as I am looking at the questions. Not super loud but just to myself. Is this something that is allowed on test day?

Thank yo!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Speaking aloud during the test is prohibited, Amelia, unless you have a special accommodation that allows you to do so.

That said, a lot will depend on how strict your proctor is. If you are speaking in a clear voice, almost every proctor will likely tell you to stop, and they might flag your test for further review, which means LSAC might cancel your test due to your violating the rules. But if you are mumbling quietly in a way that someone standing nearby, or a recording device hidden nearby, couldn't pick up what you were saying, most proctors will usually let that slide.

Be careful, keep it quiet and unintelligible, and be prepared for a strict proctor to interrupt you and tell you to stop. Practice doing it without doing more than just silently moving your lips. Then you should be ready no matter what sort of proctor you get.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.