LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 cmanganiello
|
Hi everyone,

I self studied using the powerscore bible trilogy from October - February. I just took the February exam and I really don't think anything could have prepared me for that exam, as it was unlike any practice test I have encountered.....

Even though scores do not come out until March 1st, I can say with confidence that I did not score what I was scoring on my practice exams considering I guessed on an entire game and a half and a whole reading comp passage.

Would anyone recommend the live on demand course? I see that there is session that starts this upcoming Monday and would finish just before the April exam. I can't decide whether this is the better option, or if I should just continue to self study with timed sections, practice tests, and review. Given how expensive the course is, I want to make sure I am making the right decision.

Any insight is appreciated.
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi cmanganiello, thanks for asking about our course offerings! Just to be clear, "live" and "on demand" are two different options. In a live class, you get to interact with your instructor(s), asking and answering questions. The class sessions are also recorded, so if you miss a lesson, log in late or leave early, or just want to review the session later, you have that option.

The On Demand course is self-paced, and you work through a series of pre-recorded classes whenever it suits you to do them. You pay a monthly fee for access to the materials, which can make this a much less expensive option.

In both cases you get access to a lot of additional material through our Online Student Center, including prep tests, problem sets, supplemental videos, and more.

I can say with confidence that the Live Online course is great! I've worked with many, many students who had done self-study previously, and the opportunity to ask questions and interact with an instructor made all the difference. If you are looking to get a different result, you do need to do something different, after all! Yes, it's not a small sum, but think of it as an investment that can have massive rates of return in the form of scholarships and other outcomes (better schools, which often lead to better job opportunities and being better prepared for the Bar Exam).

Ultimately, you have to decide what works best for your learning style, but if you would benefit from the opportunity to discuss questions, games, and passages with someone who may have multiple different ways to explain the concepts and strategies to you, beyond just what's in our books, the our live course might be just what you're looking for.

If, on the other hand, you are very self-motivated and disciplined, and what you mostly need is additional resources, including videos, along with more time to prepare and get the most out of those resources, then the On Demand course could be a good fit, as well as being a very cost-effective and flexible solution.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.