LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 roppo@ualberta.ca
|
Hi,

I just finished watching your webinar on writing your personal statement which was insightful, thank you! I have a questions regarding how to approach the essay. The school I am applying to would like us to include in the statement:
To give the school a better understanding they would like us to include..
• demonstrated aptitude based on personal and professional achievements and work experience;
• contributions to community;
• extraordinary personal challenges or the difficulty and quality of the pre law academic program;
• family, community, leadership or similar responsibilities;
• social, political, economic or other factors;
• exceptional circumstances that adversely affected particular grades or academic performance and/or LSAT score(s), but do not pose an ongoing issue in terms of the Applicant’s ability to succeed in law.

My question is, would we still create our essay using a more narrative style and telling a story in this case?

Thank you
Rosy
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Rosy,

ALWAYS try to include that approach! It's the easiest way to make your story interesting. Just because it may be pointed at answering certain specific questions does not take away its effectiveness as a tool :)

Thanks!
 roppo@ualberta.ca
|
Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for your response. Greatly appreciate it!

Rosy

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.