LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 noreen.lodi@aol.com
|
Hi,

I am literally crying right now because I am so frustrated with this situation I don't know what to do. I have purchased Prepplus and have since then been approved for accommodations for a pen and paper test. I was told by someone at PowerScore that LSAC is required to provide me with printable or physical copies. When I asked, she told me that "as a courtesy" they would send me printable versions of 90, 91, and 92. But I paid for all of the tests in Prepplus, so I should be able to get all of them. I told Dave this at the Crystal ball seminar and he told me to speak to a supervisor and demand that they give me them. I have answered LSAC's email five days ago, I have followed up on it, and called twice but they just say they'll leave a message for the accommodations team, and they still won't answer me. I don't know what to do because this has now been strung out for weeks, they took a week to respond to my initial email and it seems like LSAC just doesn't care about people with disabilities.

I don't know what to do anymore, I've tried everything, I cannot get in contact with them and they won't even respond to my messages. I paid for these materials and LSAC has approved me for accommodations, so they should therefore provide me with the tests as Dave agreed with too. I feel so hopeless and I am totally lost on what to do. I cannot force LSAC to care about people with disabilities, but I need my prep material that I bought and they are keeping me from preparing for the test. Please someone provide some guidance, I don't know what more I can do.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Noreen,

I'm so sorry you are going through this :( A few thoughts for you here:

First, LSAC is slow to respond to everybody, so what you describe here isn't abnormal regardless of whether you have accommodations or not. The only time they have reasonably fast responses is on the most simple, straightforward questions, such as published test dates. So, I know it's easy to feel that they are targeting you, but in my experience they are just overwhelmed with work and always slow.

Second, your approach here should be like that of a lawyer working a legal case. In this case, you are the client! Send them a polite but firm and formal letter that indicates the following, in rough terms: you paid for Prep Plus which contains {list of all Prep Plus tests}, that you received accommodations from LSAC for paper and pencil {attach accommodations approval}, and that under the ADA regulations you are requesting equal accommodations, which in this case are paper versions of {list of all Prep Plus tests}. I would frankly not mention PowerScore or any prep company, or me--this isn't about us (and it would be a distractor issue), but rather LSAC and the ADA. Send that letter to everyone you can find there, and call every day and leave repeat messages with the Accom team. Squeaky wheel always gets attention over there :/

All in all I know this is frustrating and even maddening, but hang in there and stay even-keeled with them--it will help your case. Just be persistent and don't let it go, you are just trying to get what you properly paid for!

Thanks and good luck!
 noreen.lodi@aol.com
|
Dave,

Thank you so much for your advice! An update on the situation, I copied every LSAC email address that I could find and forwarded the chain to them, and the accessibility team is now overnighting me 11 books!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.