LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 lsatliya
|
So, I am scheduled to take the October LSAT this week. I took my last practice test today, hoping it would be closer to my goal than I have scored before, it was not. I scored the same. I haven't ever taken the actual LSAT, and Friday would be my first time. Should I still take it? I am thinking of registering for the January LSAT to give myself proper time to study (I didn't have the greatest study habits this time around), to hopefully score higher. Should I cancel this session? Is a bad score and then potentially better score on my record okay, or is it better to just take it the one time in January? I already paid the 215 and won't be refunded, so I know that (bummer). I am just not sure if I should take it this week at all or not...please help thank you
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi lsatliya,

Thanks for the post, and keep your chin up. You've got this!

The answer here depends on how close you are to your target score. If you still have significant studying you need to do and you have a big gap to close until you meet your target score, then you may want to hold off until you're ready.

But, if you're somewhat close to your target score, or think there's a chance you still could get a decent score, then go for October! This way, you'll still have the January LSAT to fall back on if October does not go well. There is also the score preview option to consider, as this will allow you to cancel the October score if it's way lower than you expected.
lsatliya wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:59 amIs a bad score and then potentially better score on my record okay, or is it better to just take it the one time in January?
That fine! Schools will only care about the highest LSAT score you received, so one lower score (or cancelation) on your record won't be an issue if you have a second, higher score!

I hope this helps! Thanks!
 lsatliya
|
Thank you for the help Stephanie. I think I panicked seeing my last practice score, but it wasn't a terrible score - just doesn't align with what I am aiming for. I decided I am going to take the October LSAT in addition to January's, so that I can still get the LSAT experience and I'll use score preview just in case. Thank you for the support!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.