LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 lsatstudent22
|
Hello,

As I was doing some PTs I became a bit confused as to how I should be gauging my PT scores. So far, I've been completing 4 sections (the 3 + 1 repeat), then taking the raw score of all 4 sections and using the conversion tool/Powerscore Self-Study result analysis tool to see my scores.

However, since my actual LSAT score will be the result of 3 of 4 sections, I was wondering how I should take this into consideration when analyzing my PT scores.
This is especially confusing given that if I do a PT where the extra section is LG (my weakest section type) versus one with LR or RC as the extra, my score fluctuates since I am better or worse at certain sections. How should all this be taken into consideration?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi lsatstudent22,

I would say that your overall score will likely be in the range of what you see in the 3+1 PTs. That's because you will have that random section in your real test. You won't know what type of section it will be, and you won't know which section it is when you are taking the test. That means that, just like in your practice, your score will be impacted because you need to focus on an additional section. You also could get any of the different section types on test day, so while you are likely seeing a decrease in your score when your double section is a weakness for you, that is realistic to what you would potentially see on test day.

In general, I tend to be more conservative about practice test scoring. I try to test as realistically as possible, including potentially difficult circumstances. I tested in a center pre-covid, so for practice, I made sure I took my practice tests in public and somewhat annoying areas instead of quiet solo spaces. I took tests when I was tired, grumpy, or otherwise not in an ideal situation to avoid inflated test scores.

Hope that helps!
 lsatstudent22
|
Noted, thank you!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.