LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 irisyejinlee
|
Hi all,

I started studying for the LSAT back when I thought I'd take it on paper. I've become so used to annotating and diagramming on paper and am not sure now how to pivot to the Flex. All my prep materials are from before the Flex. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Our most recent edition of the Reading Comprehension Bible includes plenty of advice on how to manage notetaking on scratch paper and using the limited online tools (underlining and highlighting) to your advantage, irisyejinlee. Also, one bonus is the ability on the at-home LSAT to use CTRL-F to do a keyword search in the text of the passage.

Try pausing at the end of each paragraph to take a short note on your scratch paper that catches the purpose of that paragraph and any viewpoints expressed therein. Like: "P1: Describe a controversy; Author concerned." You may even want to draw boxes on the scratch paper to represent each paragraph and then take some limited notes in those boxes as you would have on paper. Keep it simple, purposeful, and brief!

Also, the current version of the LSAT is just called The LSAT - they have dropped the "Flex" name, which referred to the version that had three scored sections all back-to-back with no break and no experimental section. Now, the test has 4 sections, including one experimental, with a break between sections 2 and 3. Practice that version as much as you can. If you are one of our students (course or tutoring) or have our Testing and Analytics package, you can get access to practice tests that are "3 + Experimental" to simulate the current test structure. These are mostly older, 4-section tests in which we have taken out one of the scored LR sections and replaced it with some other older section to take the place of the experimental section (or we just changed one scored LR section to make it unscored).

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.