LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 jakewarren
|
Hi there!

I will be retaking my LSAT this August, which will be 6 years since I first took it.

When it comes to reporting to scores, does this have to be disclosed? Or, am I able to say this was my "first" test since it has been over 5 years?

Did not perform so well the first time around and would be thrilled to not have to disclose that first score to wherever I apply this time around.

Thank you for any and all clarification on this!

Cheers,

Jake
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
jakewarren wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:06 pm Hi there!

I will be retaking my LSAT this August, which will be 6 years since I first took it.

When it comes to reporting to scores, does this have to be disclosed? Or, am I able to say this was my "first" test since it has been over 5 years?

Did not perform so well the first time around and would be thrilled to not have to disclose that first score to wherever I apply this time around.

Thank you for any and all clarification on this!

Cheers,

Jake
Hi Jake,

Thanks for the post! Your LSAC Score Report will include all reportable scores from the past five years. Tests older than five years are not reported to law schools, and you do not need to disclose them (unless for some reason a law school asks).

I would be cautious about using the phrasing "my first LSAT" solely to not appear dishonest. But there is no need to mention your older score, and law schools won't care about it anyway! :)

Thanks!
 jakewarren
|
Thank you so much - you're the best and I appreciate your response on this!!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.