LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 mapimalu
|
Hi there,
I took my diagnostic test today and I scored 130. I have never studied for the LSAT before, and I wanted to see which are my weakness before I study for the LSAT. I'm aiming for a 170, however, this score is very discouraging to me :hmm:

I'll be taking the exam in 8 months from now, and will be studying 3 times a week. Can anyone recommend me any strategies to improve my score?

Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Map,

Thanks for the message! At 130, the good news is that you have a lot of points that you can grab, so way up is wide open to you :-D At the same time, 130 shows that you are struggling with a number of fundamental areas, and you need more than tips--you need a solid curriculum to cover the many LSAT concepts, methods, and techniques you do not know (for an example of what I mean, check our most recent podcast on LR Knowledge, which is at https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/podcast/96/). I'd recommend one of our LSAT courses such as the Live Online or On Demand, or at the least to pickup our LSAT Bibles and get started there. It will take time, but you can get there, and we're here to help!

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.