LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 wetzelcarolyn1
|
Hello,

I just received my score for the Oct. 2021 LSAT, which was a 162. I've been very consistently scoring in the upper 160s/low 170s on my prep tests for a few months now, so the 162 was very disappointing. I'm retaking the Nov. LSAT but can only expect to jump a few points at the most, I would think, since it's 2.5 weeks away. Is it worth it to take it again in January but be really late in the application cycle? I'm just not sure if I should readjust my expectations about which schools I can realistically get into.
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
wetzelcarolyn1 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:19 am Hello,

I just received my score for the Oct. 2021 LSAT, which was a 162. I've been very consistently scoring in the upper 160s/low 170s on my prep tests for a few months now, so the 162 was very disappointing. I'm retaking the Nov. LSAT but can only expect to jump a few points at the most, I would think, since it's 2.5 weeks away. Is it worth it to take it again in January but be really late in the application cycle? I'm just not sure if I should readjust my expectations about which schools I can realistically get into.
Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for the post! It's better to apply later with a higher LSAT score than to apply earlier with a lower one. :) An earlier application might give you a boost, but that boost is often offset by as little as one extra point on the LSAT. So, if you know that you can improve your LSAT score and still get your application in by the deadline, then you should do that. :-D

Thanks!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
I'm here to second Stephanie's advice: Your LSAT score is the most important factor in your application, so you have to do everything you can to max out there :-D We've said this countless times in the past few years, but a higher LSAT score is worth waiting for, and there is zero dispute there among the experts. This is especially so in your case where your PT history shows you can certainly improve on your current score (and on that note, with your history, why do you only think you can score a few points higher in November? A normal performance would get you around 5-6 points more for sure it would seem) :-D

Thanks!
 wetzelcarolyn1
|
Thank you both! I absolutely know I can do better than a 162, so I appreciate the feedback. This (and the Testing/Analytics package and PowerScore in general) has been so helpful!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.