LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 sarahof@berkeley.edu
|
Hi, I have a few questions on the upcoming October 2021 LSAT rules.

(1) When it says I must take the LSAT in a private room, what exactly does that mean? I want to take the test in my living room will that be alright?

(2) I believe the rule is that we are allowed 5 pieces of scratch paper [usually 2 for logical games, 2 for reading comp, and 1 for logical reasoning] but what happens if the experimental is also a logic game section?

Thank you!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
You are allowed 5 pages total, front and back (so 10 sides of paper) to use on the entire test, and you can use them however you wish. Most people never end up needing anywhere near that much - in LR, for example, you might only diagram three or four conditional reasoning problems using less than one whole side of a page - so you should be fine even if you have two sections of games. Just don't write too big!

A private room will mean nobody else is in there with you. If your living room could have people popping in and out, that won't work, even if they are just passing by in the background. If nobody else will be there, it should be okay, depending on how picky your proctor is. But be prepared - if they insist that you need to be in a space that is "sealed off" with doors that close completely, you need to be ready to comply with that. They want to be certain that nobody will slip in, out of the view of the camera, while the test is running. If you can set up a desk in a bedroom and shut the door, that would be a better plan.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.