LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 FMorell
|
Hey All,

With just about 2 weeks out from the big day, I am curious as to which direction I should go.

My prep has gone generally well and as planned. I had my best practice test this past weekend and overall have been consistently in the mid 160's. Although I had my best score this past weekend, I KNOW I am leaving points on the board.

I plan on taking 2 more practice tests, but not sure what is the best use of my time over the next two weeks.

Should I focus my time on questions or firming up my understanding of concepts with videos, readings etc... I assume the correct answer is a combination of both.

Overall, I am fairly confident in my abilities and definitely have the John D attitude ready for test day, but as I mentioned above, I KNOW I am leaving points out there.
 evelineliu
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Morell,

If you feel like you conceptually understand everything (sounds like you do!), I would not spend my time reviewing videos and readings. My own review strategy in the two weeks before the test focused on the PrepTests.

Mark each question you were unsure of as you go through each section. When you are done with the timed section, go back and take a second look with unlimited time on the questions you were unsure of. Score both the timed and untimed attempts. Carefully read the explanations for the questions you got wrong but also carefully read the explanations for the ones you got right but were unsure of.

TL;DR you want to maximize the learning opportunity out of any question you answered incorrectly AND any question you answered correctly but weren't completely sure. To me, this is more effective than watching videos explaining concepts.

Best,
Eveline
 FMorell
|
Thank you for the reply :). I decided to reread the course book as a review, which I am just about done with. Will finish the last two chapters today.

I plan on taking a practice test/reviewing on Friday, Sunday and then one more before next week.

For some odd reason, I am having a bit of a brain fog with Weaken and Advanced Liner games, which will also be a bit of a focus for me. This specific reason is why I can confidently say that I am leaving easy points on the board....

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.