LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 JJC910
|
Hello,

I took the lsat in June and scored a 162, I thought I could do better so I took it again in august and was fairly consistently scoring higher than that on my PT’s. However, I just got my results back and scored a 156! Given that a lot of my studying was before they added back the experimental section I was a little unfamiliar on what that would look like. On test day I did terrible on the LG section that I’m sure was experimental and had a minor panic attack for the rest of the test thinking I had bombed it only to find out there was another real LG section awaiting me. I have two questions, the first being should I put an addendum on the lower score when applying to law schools explaining what happened? The second being, is it worth it to take the test again given that my practice tests indicate I can do better, or is it better to just keep the 162? Thanks so much.
 evelineliu
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi JJC,

Don't worry about writing an addendum for the 156 score! If you had a substantially lower score, you may need to explain because it would raise questions to Admissions Officers, but 156 is not alarming given your first score. If your PrepTest scores have been several points higher than a 162, you can definitely consider retaking. I myself took the LSAT three times.

Best,
Eveline

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.