LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 desiboy96
|
Hey Powerscore, I just got approved for 50% extra time for each section. I noticed in the LR bible you guys mention that you should complete the first 10 question in 10 minutes, questions 10 - 20 should be finished at about the 25 minute mark and the remainder should be completed in 10 minutes.

That said, do you have a similar strategy for students who have 53 minutes for this section?

Do you also have any similar strategies for the other two sections?

Thank you for your help :)
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Without knowing more about your situation, in terms of where you struggle, what your timing typically looks like, and so on. But generically, this is likely what I'd do.

For LR, first 10 in 15, 10-20 by the 40 min mark, and the rest after. It cuts a bit proportionally from the last few questions, but I'd be ok with that in exchange for the (hopefully) higher accuracy on the earlier questions. However, if you aren't jumping around a bit in the section, you should be, and your timing should be able to reflect that. Don't spend that time just staring at a question. Flag it, go back at the end. Even if it's in those first 10 or 20.

For RC and games, I'd give it a straight 13 minutes per game/passage as a general goal, which is JUST about exactly the time you'll have.

Mostly though, as with any student, I'd recommend playing with the timing yourself. Do you, personally, do better doing three games/passages really carefully and slowly, or pushing for the fourth? You need to play around with the amount of time you'll have in the section to know how to best spend it, given your individual strengths and goals.

Hope that helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.