LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 rragepack
|
Dear Powerscore,

After the June LSAT, I took a few days short of a 3 month study break due to other summer obligations.

I am trying to start studying again on average 3 hours a day 6 times a week for two months (November LSAT) My score originally was the mid-high 160s.

How long does it usually take to get back to where you were?

Best,
Powerscore fan
 evelineliu
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi there,

I wish there was a simple answer to this, but unfortunately it's tough to say! If you take a PT every week or so you can monitor your progress and figure out how many more weeks it would take to return to your previous level of mid-high 160s.

Best,
Eveline
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
rragepack wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:34 am I am trying to start studying again on average 3 hours a day 6 times a week for two months
Hi rrage!

Also, keep in mind that it's not just the hours you spend studying, but how you study that matters. :-D Make sure that you are keeping track of your progress, also noting any of the areas that you may need a refresher on after your break. You haven't mentioned what your current score is and what you're struggling with post-break. Is it the more foundational concepts? Is it certain question types? Is it timing? All of those factors make a difference! :)

Also, make sure you are thoroughly reviewing any PTs that you take. You might find these LSAT Blog Posts useful regarding how to take and review practice tests: Hope this helps! Thanks!
 rragepack
|
Hi! Thank you both for your responses. I actually took my 1st practice test after drilling a bit and I hit the low 160s. My study plan is to take a practice test every other day and blind review/review what I missed on the days I don't take practice tests. Currently, I took around 30 practice tests, so I'll be using some of the older tests to study (I only have a few fresh ones left). Does this seem like a good idea? I did this for a month the last time I took a long study break and my score did increase a lot.
 rragepack
|
Stephanie Oswalt wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:05 pm
rragepack wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:34 am I am trying to start studying again on average 3 hours a day 6 times a week for two months
Hi rrage!

Also, keep in mind that it's not just the hours you spend studying, but how you study that matters. :-D Make sure that you are keeping track of your progress, also noting any of the areas that you may need a refresher on after your break. You haven't mentioned what your current score is and what you're struggling with post-break. Is it the more foundational concepts? Is it certain question types? Is it timing? All of those factors make a difference! :)

Also, make sure you are thoroughly reviewing any PTs that you take. You might find these LSAT Blog Posts useful regarding how to take and review practice tests: Hope this helps! Thanks!

Hi! Thank you both for your responses. I actually took my 1st practice test (since the June 2021 LSAT) after drilling a bit and I hit the low 160s. My study plan is to take a practice test every other day and blind review/review what I missed on the days I don't take practice tests. Currently, I took around 30 practice tests, so I'll be using some of the older tests to study (I only have a few fresh ones left). Does this seem like a good idea? I did this for a month the last time I took a long study break and my score did increase a lot.
 evelineliu
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi there,

I think taking a PrepTest every other day is a little too frequent. I blazed through dozens of PrepTests before my first take, but I don't think I was maximizing the learning opportunity of each PrepTest. Older PrepTests are a little less valuable because some don't have comparative reading passages, and to me, newer PTs have slightly more challenging logic games.

As long as you are effectively reviewing your PrepTests with Blind Review, that is what is most important. I personally found the blog post Stephanie linked on Blind Review (third link on her post) super helpful. Be intentional with each PrepTest since they are a limited resource!

Best,
Eveline

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.