LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 atomic94
|
Sorry for my ignorance, but which format should we be taking the practice tests?

LSAC's LawHub offers PTs in only the classic 4 scored section format, so I've been taking them on their platform and then scoring my answers on here.

If starting in August the test will be offered in the 3 scored + 1 experimental format, should I be opting to do my PTs on this platform using that format instead? I'd want to simulate test day circumstances as much as possible, i.e., we may not always get 2 LR.

Does it matter one way or another?

Thanks in advance!
Francesca
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
atomic94 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:54 pm If starting in August the test will be offered in the 3 scored + 1 experimental format, should I be opting to do my PTs on this platform using that format instead? I'd want to simulate test day circumstances as much as possible, i.e., we may not always get 2 LR.
Thanks in advance!
Francesca
Hi Francesca,

Thanks for the post, and yes! PowerScore offers tests in the 3 scored + 1 experimental format, and we recommend taking PTs in that format. As you said, you may not always get 2 LR sections, so you want to practice using other experimental sections to keep it close to what you may experience on test day. :D

Thanks!
 atomic94
|
Thanks Stephanie!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.