LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 oshkoshofjosh
|
Hi there,

I've been studying for about a year now and I have a question regarding embedded conditionals. I know the basic translation technique for an embedded conditional, such as:

"If A, → (not B unless C)"
Translated: If A and B, → C

However, I found a weird conditional while studying the LSAT and was wondering how you would go about translating this one as it's the opposite of the embedded conditional. The embedded conditional, I forgot what specific PT/ question, said something along the lines of:

"Not A unless B, → C."

Just confused on how to translate this as this is not the same as the former example. Also, I learned how to translate embedded conditionals via 7Sage; but, they did not include an example on how to translate this weird conditional I just listed.

Would it still be the same translation? I don't think it would, right?

Please help!

Thank you.
 Robert Carroll
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
oshkoshofjosh,

I'm very curious what this specific example is from, because I think I have seen similar things, but the tiniest difference in wording can make a big difference in diagramming, so I want to see exactly what we're taking it from to make sure my response is spot-on. Could you find that exact example for me, possibly? And when you do, quote this post when you reply, so it will notify me I got a response, and I'll help you with that. Thanks!

Robert Carroll

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.