LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 cdavis85@uwo.ca
|
Hello!

The PowerScore Self-Study plan I am following lists as a task this week doing a preptest under 'relaxed time'. I am not sure if there is an explicit guideline for what relaxed time should look like (I apologize if I missed reading it somewhere). Is the idea basically to just add some extra time to each section?

TIA and thanks for everything you guys do!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
cdavis85@uwo.ca wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:41 pm Hello!
The PowerScore Self-Study plan I am following lists as a task this week doing a preptest under 'relaxed time'. I am not sure if there is an explicit guideline for what relaxed time should look like (I apologize if I missed reading it somewhere). Is the idea basically to just add some extra time to each section?
TIA and thanks for everything you guys do!
Hi cdavis!

Thanks for the post! Yes, that means taking a test under additional time per section. The default timer will be 35 minutes. If you're taking the tests using PowerScore's digital interface, you will have an option to change that for each section. Simply add 5 or 10 additional minutes, or whatever amount you think will allow you to finish the section without worrying about the clock :D. Basically, as outlined in the study plan, the purpose of this is:

"Doing this can help isolate specific concepts and paradigms you may be struggling with. When speed is not the focus of your practice test, rushing or guessing should play no role in determining your score. Any mistakes you make will likely result from a conceptual misunderstanding of the material being tested."

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.