LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 pdhaliwal97
|
HI! I wrote the June LSAT-Flex and got a 158, the highest score I've had, and I could do a retake but I have a feeling I have exhausted my resources and would not do better on a future LSAT. My goal for the June LSAT was 160 but I was happy getting anywhere between 157-159, which I did. I have now written the LSAT 4 times and don't want to risk a lower score or the same score the next time. And LSAC has a rule about taking 5 LSATS within a 5 year period and I've taken 4 within 2 years, so I really don't want to risk it. I am planning on taking some university courses to improve my current GPA and taking help from a law school admissions counsellor to make my application strong despite a lower score than 160, which most law schools I'm applying to are asking for. Does this decision make sense or am I worrying over nothing?

Any advice is appreciated!

-Prabhdeep
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Prabhdeep,

Good news: this decision makes sense. If you strongly felt you could do better then I might say you should retake, but you said, "I have a feeling I have exhausted my resources and would not do better on a future LSAT." For me, that's the biggest point and essentially ends the discussion. And then you add further info about this being your only remaining retake, and that cements it for me.

So, rest easy :-D

Thanks and good luck with apps!
 pdhaliwal97
|
Thank you so much for the reply, Dave! I feel so much better!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.