LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 EmilyEason
|
Hi everyone,

I plan on taking my first official LSAT exam on June 2022, and I plan on going to law school Fall 2024. First of all, does this plan sound correct or should I be taking an earlier LSAT?

For my main question, I am asking when I should take a prep class. I have been using the Study Bibles to learn the basics of the LSAT on my own, but I know my learning type and I need a class if I want to improve my score. How many months before the LSAT should I take a prep class? How long does a class usually last?

Emily
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
EmilyEason wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:30 pm Hi everyone,

I plan on taking my first official LSAT exam on June 2022, and I plan on going to law school Fall 2024. First of all, does this plan sound correct or should I be taking an earlier LSAT?

For my main question, I am asking when I should take a prep class. I have been using the Study Bibles to learn the basics of the LSAT on my own, but I know my learning type and I need a class if I want to improve my score. How many months before the LSAT should I take a prep class? How long does a class usually last?

Emily
Hi Emily,

Thanks for your post, and great question! Yes, your plan sounds great! Most students take the LSAT in the summer or fall the year before they plan to attend law school (in your case summer/fall 2023), so with your plan you'd actually be ahead of the game :D. You might find this general law school application timeline helpful: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid-27 ... cess-work/.

The amount of time it takes to prep for the LSAT depends on a number of factors, including your diagnostic score, your target score, how quickly you pick up on the material, and how committed you are to studying. As a reference point, our classes are generally 1-3 months long, though many students do spend time before and/or after studying as well. As for when to take a prep class, this blog post should help: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/timing ... -or-later/.

I hope this information helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions as you continue down your LSAT journey. :D Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.