LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 smatsinye
|
Hello,

So I just received my score back for the LSAT-FLEX. I got a 160 which is not bad but I I've scored higher than that several times on practice tests. I anticipated that my score would be a little lower but I am still not satisfied. I already signed up for the June test and feel that I can get a higher score the next time around but my question is whether I should cancel this score or not. I have the score preview so I only have a couple of days to decide. I really would like to get into at least a top-20 or top 14 school but I'm wondering if I should keep the 160 on my record if I feel I can at least get to a 165 next time around. Can someone please give advice on this!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
smatsinye wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:28 am Hello,

So I just received my score back for the LSAT-FLEX. I got a 160 which is not bad but I I've scored higher than that several times on practice tests. I anticipated that my score would be a little lower but I am still not satisfied. I already signed up for the June test and feel that I can get a higher score the next time around but my question is whether I should cancel this score or not. I have the score preview so I only have a couple of days to decide. I really would like to get into at least a top-20 or top 14 school but I'm wondering if I should keep the 160 on my record if I feel I can at least get to a 165 next time around. Can someone please give advice on this!
Hi S,

While in general the advice is not to cancel, with score preview in hand my view is that you should only cancel LSAT scores that you are overwhelmingly certain you can improve upon. So, it comes down to how much higher you were scoring beforehand and your degree of confidence in scoring higher next time.

So, to use a basic example, if you were PTing in the 162-165 range, and felt you were topping out at 165, keep your score. But if you were 168-172 and feel you could hit the mid-170s, then cancel. Don't cancel a score unless you are basically certian you can do better :-D

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.