LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
As this April's LSAT-Flex concludes, test takers throughout the US and Canada naturally wonder what to make of their experience, and are eager to hear more about the experiences of others. To aid in that, this thread allows you to provide general feedback about your test, and will serve as a one-stop repository for all of the details that PowerScore users submit.

This information can then help you better predict your own scoring outcomes, and determine whether to keep or cancel your score (although these days you rarely should cancel since only your highest score matters). For more assistance on making that decision, please visit: The Ultimate LSAT Scoring Guide: Should You Keep or Cancel?

Per LSAC policies, you are allowed to discuss LSAT question topics and difficulty in general. For example, this means you can identify a game by name and discuss whether you thought it was difficult. You cannot talk about specific answer choices, however. So, "The Water Tubes game was difficult for me" is fine; "the answer to the first three questions was A in that game" is not acceptable.

Note: This thread will continue to update and grow over the coming days, and thus is neither official nor complete while the discussion is ongoing. If you are considering canceling based on the details provided here, give the conversation a day or two as we work to confirm all of the information is accurate. And then listen to our LSAT podcast where we typically recap the test after the exam week has finished.

We're wishing everyone the very best on their LSAT, and can't wait to hear how it went!

Accommodated LSAT discussion: lsat/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34840
International LSAT discussion: lsat/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34841
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
The first day of the April LSAT is now underway! Jon and I are here monitoring the situation, so feel free to share your exam experience with us!

Over 8,500 people are scheduled to test today, and so far we have the following:

• As of 9AM EST, about 1,400 people have started the LSAT-Flex today, and about 10 have already finished the test.

As of 11AM EST, about 2,800 people have started the LSAT-Flex today, and about 1,200 have already finished the test!

As of 3PM EST, about 5,700 people have started the LSAT-Flex today, and about 4,100 have already finished the test!

As of 7PM EST, about 7,800 people have started the LSAT-Flex today, and about 6,800 have already finished the test!

While there are always some problems, overall this has been one of the smoother days for a Flex administration so far.

Good luck to everyone!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Friendly reminder that the LSAT-Flex test content changes throughout each day. For example, the RC is now transitioning away from the Volcanoes/Jazz section to a new RC section.

So, you may hear of an easy or hard section at some point, but that is no guarantee at all you will see the same section on your test!
 diddleskay
|
Do you think the logic games with the book shelves will loosen the curve?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Thanks for the message!

The answer here is complex, and a sort of yes and no. It will have a loosening effect but it won't loosen it at the top level in our estimation perhaps as much as people would like. We'll have to see though. We'll explain more in the next podcast but it has an unusual effect that isn't as straightforward as, say, RC in this case. I hope that helps!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
The second day of the April LSAT is now underway! Jon and I are here monitoring the situation, so feel free to share your exam experience with us!

This is a smaller test group than yesterday, with about 5,400 people scheduled to test today. So far we have the following:

• As of 9AM EST, about 200 people have started the LSAT-Flex today, and about 5 have already finished the test.

As of 11AM EST, about 1,700 people have started the LSAT-Flex today, and about 190 have already finished the test.

As of 3PM EST, about 3,700 people have started the LSAT-Flex today, and about 2,300 have already finished the test. That's about 2,000 fewer test takers than at this time yesterday!

Good luck to everyone!
 jojgreen
|
Was curious about other people's general thoughts about the test if anybody has any, i.e. which sections were the hardest and if any section anyone found to be particularly harder compared to practice tests?
 Savvyscholar916
|
ProctorU: The proctor was very respectful, friendly, and put me at ease (even if his English was difficult to understand due to a thick accent). I did not like the over five-minute wait for a proctor to help me disconnect after I finished the test. Otherwise, it was a good experience.

I had LR first. Although I got off to a slow start, the LR section was not too difficult. I think it was less difficult than the Jan. LSAT-Flex LR section.

I had RC second. The IP passage from the RC section was very challenging! I think the RC section was comparable to the RC passages in the PT 80s. Those contain tough passages.

I had LG last and I was mentally fatigued by the time I got to the LG section. It was brutal! There was only one list question in the LG section. Perhaps others have, but I have never encountered an LG section with only one list question. I hope the scaled score reflects the difficulty of the LG section. Best wishes to all!
 Savvyscholar916
|
Savvyscholar916 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:35 pm ProctorU: The proctor was very respectful, friendly, and put me at ease (even if his English was difficult to understand due to a thick accent). There were no interruptions from the proctor. I did not like the over five-minute wait for a proctor to help me disconnect after I finished the test. Otherwise, it was a smooth experience.

I had LR first. Although I got off to a slow start, the LR section was not too difficult. I think it was less difficult than the Jan. LSAT-Flex LR section.

I had RC second. The IP passage from the RC section was very challenging! I think the RC section was comparable to the RC passages in the PT 80s. Those contain tough passages.

I had LG last and I was mentally fatigued by the time I got to the LG section. It was brutal! There was only one list question in the LG section. Perhaps others have, but I have never encountered an LG section with only one list question. I hope the scaled score reflects the difficulty of the LG section. Best wishes to all!
 ladybug
|
General question - if you submit a "formal complaint" that puts a hold on your score about an issue you had during the exam, does your score get marked/flagged/addended in any way when presented to law schools? if i end up keeping my score, i'd rather law schools *not* know that i submitted a complaint

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.