LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
elhaupto wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:36 pm Halfway through my first section, my internet connection began misbehaving and I lost connection to proctoru. I was able to reconnect with them but briefly, but we weren't able to get back into my test. Our connection would maintain for only minutes before disconnecting again. I repeated this process several times over about an hour. I was connected to proctoru's tech people several times but they weren't able to fix it - most likely because it was something unexpected on my end.

I called LSAC and they said they'll fill out a form for me, and within around 24 hours I'll get an e-mail from them with "options." What can I expect from this e-mail? I really don't want to have to cancel my score because then I'll have hit my limit for this testing year.
So sorry to hear this happened! Very likely they will offer you a retake next week. That's the standard procedure for catastrophic failures on a Flex. It will not be the same test you have already seen, just fyi.

Please let me know if that helps. Thanks!
 elhaupto
|
Dave Killoran wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:04 pm
elhaupto wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:36 pm Halfway through my first section, my internet connection began misbehaving and I lost connection to proctoru. I was able to reconnect with them but briefly, but we weren't able to get back into my test. Our connection would maintain for only minutes before disconnecting again. I repeated this process several times over about an hour. I was connected to proctoru's tech people several times but they weren't able to fix it - most likely because it was something unexpected on my end.

I called LSAC and they said they'll fill out a form for me, and within around 24 hours I'll get an e-mail from them with "options." What can I expect from this e-mail? I really don't want to have to cancel my score because then I'll have hit my limit for this testing year.
So sorry to hear this happened! Very likely they will offer you a retake next week. That's the standard procedure for catastrophic failures on a Flex. It will not be the same test you have already seen, just fyi.

That is promising, thank you. I’m still a little nervous because proctoru kept insisting whatever was happening was on my end, although I didn’t have a clue that there was something wrong before the test. I used proctoru’s equipment check before we started and it said everything was fine. If LSAC‘s stance is that the test-taker assumes the risk of their own hardware failing then I might be a little screwed. I hope I just get a retake or some kind of voucher for June. The only thing I really don’t want it to have to wait until August.

Thanks for the info, I’ll let you know how things turn out.
 frozenopera
|
Thank you, Dave. And best of luck to you, the poster above! I hope everything gets resolved for you soon.

Just for future reference, Dave––do you know if LSAC offers retakes for international Flex test takers in the event of technical issues? I know that international test takers take the Flex towards the end of the test week, so I'm just wondering whether there is enough time for them to administer a retake for international test takers if something doesn't go smoothly? Do international test takers have this option for a retake like domestic test takers do?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
frozenopera wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:29 am Thank you, Dave. And best of luck to you, the poster above! I hope everything gets resolved for you soon.

Just for future reference, Dave––do you know if LSAC offers retakes for international Flex test takers in the event of technical issues? I know that international test takers take the Flex towards the end of the test week, so I'm just wondering whether there is enough time for them to administer a retake for international test takers if something doesn't go smoothly? Do international test takers have this option for a retake like domestic test takers do?
Yes, there is that possibility. Retakes do not happen until the following week (next week in this instance :) )
 cpihl13
|
More of a general question about mental preparation and being resilient during the test. I was doing fine for the most part till halfway through the end of the last section (RC). My apartment had been quiet the entire time but sure enough my neighbor's dog started barking continuously (it rarely ever does) for the remainder of the test. I'm usually pretty good about blocking stuff out but by the time I was on the last passage I was clearly distracted. This is not an excuse and I think I still did fairly well on the test, but I'd be curious if there were any tips that people use mentally to block stuff out?

I guess I should have invested in some ear plugs too....

frozenopera
|
@Cole, I would definitely try foam earplugs! You might also practice taking some sections or PTs with some level of background noise to prepare yourself for that on test day.
 elhaupto
|
Dave Killoran wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:04 pm

I got an email offering a retake on the 22nd today. One extra week to study, I guess?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
frozenopera wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:12 am @Cole, I would definitely try foam earplugs! You might also practice taking some sections or PTs with some level of background noise to prepare yourself for that on test day.
1000% agree with both these suggestions!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
elhaupto wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:21 amI got an email offering a retake on the 22nd today. One extra week to study, I guess?
Exactly! That's the optimist, glass-half-full mentality everyone should have :-D

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.