LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 samiam
|
Hi there!

I'm wondering when is the LATEST you would recommend taking the LSAT Writing Section in order to ensure I'm doing everything I can to receive my score on the score release date?

I'd love to be able to wait until after the test to take it so I can focus on the other sections, but will likely be using my score to decide whether I'm going to sign up for the next test. Since its sign up deadline is the day after the score release date, I do want to make sure I can try my best to get my score on time.

Thanks!
Sam
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey Sam,

You can take it after the test and be fine, but I'd try to take it during that week if at all possible. Any later than that and given this testing group size, anything could happen.

Note: you may some stories of people in the past who took it just a few days beforehand and still got their score. that won't happen now; they aren't doing extra staffing the way they did for the first time this was implemented.

Thanks!
 jojgreen
|
Hello,

I opened the LSAT Writing "Getting Acquainted with LSAT Writing" module, and then closed out of the platform afterwards, and now its indicating that I can't launch the LSAT Writing section because I already "Initiated" the exam. What should I do in this situation? I want to make sure that I can submit the writing sample properly and also make sure that the release of my score is not delayed. Please let me know, thanks!
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
jojgreen wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:48 pm Hello,

I opened the LSAT Writing "Getting Acquainted with LSAT Writing" module, and then closed out of the platform afterwards, and now its indicating that I can't launch the LSAT Writing section because I already "Initiated" the exam. What should I do in this situation? I want to make sure that I can submit the writing sample properly and also make sure that the release of my score is not delayed. Please let me know, thanks!
Hi jojgreen!

I would contact LSAC. They'll be able to help you get access to LSAT Writing.

Good luck!

Best,
Kelsey

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.