LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 lsathelpwanted
|
I have to say, that is a little more than I was expecting.

I was stuck with 8 timed PT's in the 140's for two months spinning my wheels. I started with the lsat Trainer which I DO recommend. I worked it twice and I knew I was feeling stronger but my scores weren't improving. After 8 tests, I scored my second 149 with a -17 in LG. My games were my ticket to my goal 155 but my LR/RC carried the load and I didn't have any easy points left to go beyond 155 to give me some padding for test day score drop. So, I saw a plateau before I even hit it! Realized I needed to drastically improve my fundamentals to begin answering 3-4 star questions more accurately so I completely started over and spent two solid months studying the LR/LG bibles.

Having gone through the Trainer and those 8 PT's made me feel like a knowledge sponge when I went through the bibles. Everything was sparkly and pretty. It all made sense. And dear lord was there a lot of information to make sense of. I took a 10 week break and came back this Feb. 1st and am now scoring in the low 160's with only 3/4 games complete.

It's pretty crazy being so fixated on getting inside the 150's only to see that I just.....kinda skipped them. The next crazy part is that I still haven't truly practiced my LG yet, just learned the systems. I can only answer 3 games in time. I'm -0 on the games I can answer, and -5-7 for the section because of the game I skip. When I get my LG's faster, I'm looking at 165+.

My raw score is what really puts it into perspective. I went from answering 48/100 on average to now over 79+/101. That is well over 30 more questions correctly answered in ADDITION to those 48 from the 140's. I also just ran my analytics and included only the PT's I've done after working the bibles and found I am BAD at RC inference questions at 38% accuracy and even Main Point questions at a little under 80%. If I can tighten that up, (and the flaw questions that I cannot explain why I'm so bad at. Seriously it makes no sense to me yet!) I may be looking at a new threshold of score beyond 165 that I will not mention by name.

So that's where I'm at now. I don't know if this sounds like a commercial. I just saw a bunch of posts when I first started. These posts were from people who made such great progress and it seemed so far away. Well, that was June 2020 it's now Feb. 2021 so yea, it was pretty far away.

So back to it now. Gotta get LG stronger. I'm also going to work 4-5 untimed LR sections with the LR bible open. Go question by question referencing the chapter by question type, and applying those steps. They aren't ingrained yet.

I truly just now feel like I'm starting to understand this test. And there is so much more to learn. And I'm pretty excited.

Thank you for an amazing and affordable self-study program.
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
First of all, congrats on the score increase, lsathelpwanted! That's awesome! And keep up the great work... you got this!

Also, thank you so much for sharing and for the kind comments. :)
 lsathelpwanted
|
Stephanie Turaj wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:14 pm First of all, congrats on the score increase, lsathelpwanted! That's awesome! And keep up the great work... you got this!

Also, thank you so much for sharing and for the kind comments. :)
I completely forgot to thank all of you amazing tutors for letting me argue my points and then ever so politely showing me the light! This forum and the tutors support and even the man himself David popping in from time to time, make the books feel much more alive than just books. Throw in the additional material for the books found on the website. It is an actual learning experience. And....I ain't done yet. I've gotta go through it alllll again. I know there is more info I've missed but will get now.
 menkenj
|
Congrats on your progress!!! Your hard work is paying off for sure. Very inspiring to see. I second how amazing Powerscore has been for the learning process- so grateful.
 lsathelpwanted
|
menkenj wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:22 pm Congrats on your progress!!! Your hard work is paying off for sure. Very inspiring to see. I second how amazing Powerscore has been for the learning process- so grateful.
Thank you so much. I think it is so important to be honest with yourself and not trick yourself into thinking you understand. It's easy to want to rush through a chapter. It is hard sticking with a formal logic chapter for 3 days. I hope your prep is going well. I now feel like I'm finally starting!
 menkenj
|
lsathelpwanted wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:28 am
menkenj wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:22 pm Congrats on your progress!!! Your hard work is paying off for sure. Very inspiring to see. I second how amazing Powerscore has been for the learning process- so grateful.
Thank you so much. I think it is so important to be honest with yourself and not trick yourself into thinking you understand. It's easy to want to rush through a chapter. It is hard sticking with a formal logic chapter for 3 days. I hope your prep is going well. I now feel like I'm finally starting!

That's awesome!! Are you studying for April?
I'm taking April and June.
I'm actually learning to love formal logic.
 JDDeeJay87
|
This is great to hear! My goal like most is to hit the 160 range. My Nov 2020 Flex score was in the low 140. I have a tutor and have now been gifted a Powerscore course. I really hope I can post a success score on here as well. Thank you for sharing! :)

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.