LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 ashouse
|
deseraymatteson@gmail.com wrote:Cheers to all of you! May we all get the scores we were prepared to achieve!

[Hopefully an entertaining post for you all - now that we have made it to the other side of the February LSAT.]

I've always had a hate/hate relationship with the highlighter tool in LawHub for many reasons, but it intensified during my test yesterday. There I was, strategically highlighting certain keywords in my first RC passage, when suddenly entire paragraphs of text were mysteriously highlighted! Of course, the intuitive option to double click on the highlighted text as a mechanism to remove highlighting is not built in, but in a panic I attempted to so do so anyway and it did nothing. I started to navigate over to the eraser, but then I wondered if my original highlights would still be there, so I abandoned my (obviously) strategically highlighted keywords and proceeded with reading and answering questions so I wouldn't lose precious time. On the next passage a similarly strange thing occurred (definitely my fault this time) when I attempted to scroll the reading pane by using the touch screen on my surface - this time ALL of the remaining text AND questions that were visible on the screen highlighted. So, I gave up on the highlighting tool, may he/she rest in peace.

Hopefully this has been entertaining to read up to this point, but maybe a couple more details will make it better. I live in Texas so you may have heard, we had a tough time with power last week and the water issues are still happening. I'll spare you the dramatic details of last week and stick to their impact on the LSAT. The day before the test I did a trial run with my testing space and in doing so realized my office had electricity and internet, but no water or heat. After a very supportive call with LSAC to confirm I would be allowed to test with a heating blanket over my chair to keep warm, I did one final check for papers and electronics and confirmed my testing space was 100% prepared - or so I thought.

So picture this, I'm professionally dressed in my power suit/skirt combo (to create the right mindset) and sitting on my buffalo plaid printed heating blanket as I worked with my proctor through the room check and he says, "Deseray, are you able to turn your camera to face the entryway to the room?" Apparently I missed that one on the checklist, so after confirming that I am allowed to move my desk, I was carefully shifting each piece of office furniture (desk, chair, and attached cabinet drawers) about 4 inches at a time to rotate 90 degrees so the camera was appropriately angled for the test. In my imagination, the proctor was as entertained as I was when watching Austin Powers turn his luggage cart around in that super narrow hallway.

Anyhow, despite the impromptu office furniture shuffle, heatless room and erratic highlighting tool - I think I performed as well as (but hopefully better than) my practice tests leading up to that point. My time management for all sections went well, at one point I eliminated ALL answers for a question and was able to go back to find my sketch error, and my number of skips/guesses was consistent with practice tests. So for those of you who have made it this far in my ridiculous story, I hope February was less of an adventure for you all than it was for me! I'm looking forward to hearing the podcast and seeing how everyone did.

Cheers and virtual fist bumps all around!
I had the same request from ProctorU to turn my desk so the camera could face the door of my room. I told the proctor that that would not be possible because my desk is in an heavy armoire and I would not be able to move it immediately. She relented and said that it should be fine. Off to the test...
 Carlabez
|
I was keeping a note of how many questions I thought I may have missed as I went along, I was at about 4 when I got to RC - the last section for me. I didn’t even bother to keep track after the second passage. I found they were very difficult and I’m really hoping the LR (which I found easy) and the LG (mostly easy) make up for it for me. I have taken about 30 PTs and I know difficulty is relative but to me this was one of the harder tests. :hmm:
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Thanks for sharing the highlighter experience, deseraymatteson@gmail.com! This is exactly why I (very pessimistically) suggest to all of my students to abandon any thought of using the on-screen tools and rely solely on pencil and paper to track the structure of the passage. The tools are great, IF they work as intended, but since they so frequently don't I think it's best to just pretend they don't exist and practice with the more reliable tools we have at our disposal.
 HamzaBonanza
|
I had sports/art RC, Jr/Sr and Supervisor games, and 25 LR which I blanked on :(
I think I aced LG and did meh on RC, LR I have absolutely 0 clue but it was so difficult!
I am really hoping a big curve!
 deseraymatteson@gmail.com
|
Adam Tyson wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:56 pm This is exactly why I (very pessimistically) suggest to all of my students to abandon any thought of using the on-screen tools and rely solely on pencil and paper to track the structure of the passage.
Thank you Adam! I will certainly practice that way moving forward as I prepare for the April test. I was also kidding about my highlighting being strategic. :lol: While I understand the logic behind attempting to do it, I'm pretty sure my execution wasn't all that helpful anyhow! :)

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.