LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 sim.LSAT
|
Hello,

I am planning to apply for accommodations for the upcoming August exam. However, I cannot apply for accommodations until I register. This would be sometime mid-May. So, if I submit my accommodations on the same day I register, it won't be until about beginning-mid June that I know whether I am approved. Based on prior history, I am almost sure I will be approved. However, there is always a chance that I will be denied. I am planning on applying for 50% extra time.

Now, here is my problem. I won't know until about 1.5-2 months before my test whether I have the extra time. So, when I am studying, do I practice with the accommodated time? Or with 35 minutes per section? I don't want to wait till 2 months before to begin simulating testing conditions, but I feel like I have no choice.

Any advice on how to go about timing sections before I am officially approved/denied would be greatly appreciated.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Practice with the extra time!

If you have medical support for your request and fill out the paperwork correctly, it is incredibly likely it will be granted. and, if you had it on other tests like the SAT, it's automatic :) So, practice as if you have it in hand. If for some unlikely reason you get denied, you'll still have several months to adjust, and speed isn't the focus in your early days of studying, that comes at the end.

Thanks!
 sim.LSAT
|
Sounds good, Dave.

Thanks a ton!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.