LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Cdavis15
|
Good afternoon,

In your January 22nd Podcast on the January 2012 LSAT-Flex, you recommended taking practice tests from the 1980s, especially when it comes to reading comp. I have been struggling with reading comp and could really use this practice. However, I am having trouble finding any practice tests before the 90s, online or in practice books. Could you possibly point me in the right direction? Thank you all so much! Sorry to bother you with such a dull question. I absolutely love listening to your podcast and have nearly completed both your LG and LR Bibles, and they have been quite helpful! Thank you for everything you do. :-D

Warmly,
Carly
 StephLewis13
|
Hi Cdavis15,

I am not a PowerScore employee, but I believe when Dave mentions tests from the 80s, he is referring to the Prep Test number and not the year. So he is referencing Prep Tests 80-89 meaning December 2016 - May 2020. Hope this helps. @ PowerScore, if I'm wrong, please inform us. Thanks!
 Jeremy Press
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Carly and Steph,

Steph, yes you've got this right. What Dave and Jon are referring to specifically is practice tests numbered in the 80s (Practice Tests 80-89, and you can throw Practice Test 90 from May 2020 in there as well). This would encompass those practice tests that were administered between December 2016 and May 2020.

The "modern" LSAT (in its current form, with its blend of Logical Reasoning, Logic Games, and Reading Comprehension) began in June 1991. So there is no need to look at any practice tests before that date. But for your purposes, focusing on the most recent tests (those from 2016 and onward) is key, especially in the Reading Comprehension section!

I hope this helps!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Confirmed that it is indeed the PTs numbered in the 80s, namely December 2016 to the present, as listed here: https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/pub_ident.cfm

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.