LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Yazmins22 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:23 pm Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I currently have 3 lsat takes. Oct Flex 2020, Nov Flex 2020, and Jan Flex 2021. I understand that the testing period runs from June 1 till May 31. I was informed by LSAC that I would be allowed to sign up to take it one more time in June 2021 since its part of the new testing period. The reason I need to take the test one more time is due to the wait list I am currently on. I tried to sign up for the June 2021 Flex but it doesn't allow me to do so. Would you happen to know why?
For reference I have spoken to LSAC twice about this and in those two separate occasions, they pulled up my account and told me I could take it again after the testing period ends in May 31 and that June would be my next chance.
Hi Yazmins22!

The test taking cycle definitely got a little confusing this past year! Dave might have some more insider knowledge on this but I have a few theories/ideas for you.

Currently, LSAC states that the next cycle begins with the August 2021 test and goes through June 2022. That would indicate a shift in their traditional test cycle and would suggest that June 2021 is in the same cycle as the fall 2021 tests. But that doesn't explain why when you've called LSAC they've said you could register for the June exam--unless they're also confused about their testing cycle this year! It's also possible that it's just some sort of glitch in their computer system that's blocking you from registering for a test you should be allowed to register for.

Ultimately, the best resource for answering why you haven't been able to register online for June is LSAC. They've already told you multiple times that you can register so they need to figure out why the system won't let you do so. When you've called, have you told them that the system won't allow you to register? Have you asked them if they can register you over the phone?

If it turns out that they do consider June 2021 in the same cycle as your previous 3 tests, there is an appeals process you can use to apply for exemptions to the test-taking limit. I'm not sure exactly what they consider sufficient extenuating circumstances for an exemption, but if it comes down to it, it seems like you could make a solid case for a confusing testing year, a shift from their traditional test cycle dates, and a degree of urgency due to you being waitlisted.

Here's the webpage with info about the test retake limits and the appeals process: https://www.lsac.org/about/lsac-policie ... ating-lsat

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Best,
Kelsey
 Yazmins22
|
Hi Kelsey,

I will file an appeal. Thank you so much for your help.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.