LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 YOLOmom
|
I am about to start taking an online PowerScore class. I also have a learning disability and received extended time when I took the SATs while in high school. Based on my research, this seems to pretty much guarantee that I will given extended time on the LSAT when I request it, correct?

So when I do practice tests as part of this course, should I be doing so using extended time per section?

I did one practice test a few weeks ago using the regular time limits and didn't finish any sections in time. I want to take the pre-course practice test for my upcoming class and am considering timing it out as if I have been granted extended time.

Also note that I am planning on taking the LSAT in June, so I have not yet actually signed up for it and requested extra time yet.
 T.B.Justin
|
I am in a similar boat and since I have already went through that process the answer to that question is likely, yes, however, make sure to dot those i's and cross those t's. I had support from two independent professionals.
It sounds like you have historical precedent that LSAC can deem sufficient. I suggest to add at least one more piece of evidence to support the need that you are seeking.

Hope that helps!

P.S. I practiced under the general LSAC standards until they granted my accommodation request.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Yolomom,

Some thoughts below!
YOLOmom wrote:I am about to start taking an online PowerScore class. I also have a learning disability and received extended time when I took the SATs while in high school. Based on my research, this seems to pretty much guarantee that I will given extended time on the LSAT when I request it, correct?
Correct! The current policy, as detailed at https://www.lsac.org/lsat/lsac-policy-a ... mmodations, states that "If you were approved to receive testing accommodation on a prior administration of the SAT I, SAT II, ACT, GED, GRE, GMAT, DAT, and/or MCAT examinations, you will be approved to receive the identical (or equivalent) accommodation on the LSAT." So you are good as long as you give them the documentation they want.

YOLOmom wrote:So when I do practice tests as part of this course, should I be doing so using extended time per section?
Depending on what you received before (time and a half, double time, etc), time your LSAT sections in the same exact manner!

Please let me know if that helps out here. Thanks!
 nyc431
|
Hi there,

Related to the question above -- but slightly different. I've submitted an accommodation request but did not previously have accommodations on the LSAT or other tests.

For context -- My request is based on new medical documentation submitted by the deadline for the October exam. The request is based on ADHD and a learning disability related to learning -- will a full evaluation from a licensed psychologist. And the requested accommodation is for 1.5 time.

My question -- Should I be practicing with additional time -- even though I haven't yet been approved? Or should I wait to extend my time during practice until I've officially received approval?

Thank you!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
I would! If you had solid medical documentation and filled the forms out correctly, you are basically certain to be granted the accommodation :-D

Happy testing!
 nyc431
|
Thanks very much for the quick reply!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.