LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 lsatstudent22
|
Hello! I had a question about how I should go about taking the preptests.

So far, I have been taking the older preptests (saving the newer ones for closer to test day) which as you know consists of four sections (LR, LG, RC, LR). I know that the LSATs currently have 3 sections plus a random experimental section, so in terms of stamina-testing, the prep test length is good/simulates a real LSAT. However, this has the caveat that I'm only really getting practice for the case that the experimental section on the LSAT is LR, but personally, the LG section seems to mentally drain me the most.

Given this, I'm not sure if I should just continue taking the preptests as they are, or perhaps switch some around and do an LG or RC section of another preptest in place of the second LR section? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Thank you!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
lsatstudent22 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:22 pm Hello! I had a question about how I should go about taking the preptests.

So far, I have been taking the older preptests (saving the newer ones for closer to test day) which as you know consists of four sections (LR, LG, RC, LR). I know that the LSATs currently have 3 sections plus a random experimental section, so in terms of stamina-testing, the prep test length is good/simulates a real LSAT. However, this has the caveat that I'm only really getting practice for the case that the experimental section on the LSAT is LR, but personally, the LG section seems to mentally drain me the most.

Given this, I'm not sure if I should just continue taking the preptests as they are, or perhaps switch some around and do an LG or RC section of another preptest in place of the second LR section? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Thank you!
Hi lsatstudent22!

I would definitely recommend mixing it up a bit and taking some tests with different experimental sections. :) Our Testing and Analytics Package does have tests made for you with experimental sections: https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/publica ... tal-tests/

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.