LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 LFClaw14
|
Hello, I have been accepted to Pittsburgh and have been offered the opportunity to apply for the "Blue and Gold Dean's Scholarship."

The scholarship offers 3 topics to write on and states "You may choose to answer any or all of the proposed questions in the application. Good luck!"

Should I write on all 3 topics / would it hurt me not to do so?

Thank you!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
It couldn't hurt you to choose just one topic, LFClaw14, because they gave you the option of doing just that! So here's how I would look at it:

1) Is there a total word limit for all your responses, no matter how many questions you answer? If so, then you can probably provide a better response if you just choose one topic and really flesh it out. If not, then go on to #2.

2) Do you feel passionately about more than one of the questions? If so, answer the ones about which you feel passionate, but only if you can write good, thorough responses to both/all three without getting repetitive. If you can do that, then at least consider #3.

3) Will responding to more than one allow you to showcase yourself and your writing ability in some way that is better than you could do just responding to one? If not, then don't do multiple responses just for the sake of volume. But if the questions are different enough that answering more than one will give the admissions team a broader, more complete view of who you are and what you bring to the table, go for it!

Good luck!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.