LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 dcastil3
|
Hi all, I need advice on writing an LSAT Addendum. For context, I've taken the LSAT 5 times, with 3 of my takes occurring in August, October, and November 2021. I scored in the low to mid 160s on all of these takes except for November. In preparation for November, I finally realized my test-taking weakness was the combination of LG + nerves and tweaked my practice approach, which helped me score in the 170s on the November test. I had a significant score increase of 6+ points from October to November, taking me from the mid 160s to low 170s. While I am planning on writing an addendum explaining the score increase for schools that specifically ask for it, I wonder if I should include the addendum for every school since the score bump occurred from one month to the next. In my mind, I would think that this might raise questions as to why there was such a score increase with little time in between, but I am unsure if I am overthinking it. Should I submit an addendum to every school or only to the schools that ask? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi dcastil,

Thanks for the post! If schools ask for it, then absolutely provide what they ask for! But otherwise, an addendum is not necessary here, especially since you don't have a compelling reason other than studying harder. So I wouldn't submit an addendum to schools that do not require one.

Schools really only care about the highest LSAT score that you receive, as this is the score they have to report to the ABA. So in their eyes, you are your higher score. :-D

Thanks!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
dcastil3 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:08 pm Hi all, I need advice on writing an LSAT Addendum. For context, I've taken the LSAT 5 times, with 3 of my takes occurring in August, October, and November 2021. I scored in the low to mid 160s on all of these takes except for November. In preparation for November, I finally realized my test-taking weakness was the combination of LG + nerves and tweaked my practice approach, which helped me score in the 170s on the November test. I had a significant score increase of 6+ points from October to November, taking me from the mid 160s to low 170s. While I am planning on writing an addendum explaining the score increase for schools that specifically ask for it, I wonder if I should include the addendum for every school since the score bump occurred from one month to the next. In my mind, I would think that this might raise questions as to why there was such a score increase with little time in between, but I am unsure if I am overthinking it. Should I submit an addendum to every school or only to the schools that ask? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
Hi D,

Seconding Stephanie here: submit it if asked, but not otherwise. Unless you have a great reasons--tech issues, sickness, family problems--it's not usually advisable to explain. the "I studied more/better" explanation is not strong at all and actually undermines your position typically.

This might be a helpful listen too, since it contains background info about how they view these: https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/podcast/78/

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.